CANCELLED - Strategies for Internet Searching Success (2 sessions)
- Thursday, November 14, 2019 Show more dates
- 9:30am - 11:30am
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED -- If you are ready to upgrade your skills in making the Internet work for you, join Reference Librarian, Mary Ratzer, for two sessions of exploration, practice, and takeaways for future use. Using what the web insider knows about strategically searching for relevant and useful information, the class personalizes ways to solve problems and get smarter on the web. Shifts in Google and other search engines are updated, along with insight to how they package your search results for their business goals. Alternative search tools and highly authoritative resources, some of which are based in the "Deep Web" are sampled and analyzed.
This is an intermediate level class. An intermediate level learner is someone who has good mouse and keyboard skills and who can open and close applications, but needs further instruction with applications such as email, word processing, or other office software. Intermediate courses prepare you for advanced level courses offered by the library.
Both phone and online registration begin Friday, September 6, 2019. Call 518-584-7860 ext. 257 to register by phone, or visit www.sspl.org and click EVENTS CALENDAR to register online.
Phone Registration Instructions:
- Call instructor, Kathy Handy, at 518-584-7860 ext. 257 beginning Friday, September 6, 2019, and leave a message with your name, phone number, email address if you wish, and specific class requests.
- If you leave your email address, you will receive a system-generated email confirmation. You may have to verify your email address by responding to a first-time email from the system to give us permission to send future emails. Please check your spam folder in case our system email lands there due to filters in your email service.
- For phone-only registrations, please expect a return phone call within a week to confirm registration.
Online Registration Instructions:
- Visit www.sspl.org and click EVENTS CALENDAR beginning Friday, September 6, 2019, then locate the computer class of choice (in orange), select it, scroll to the bottom of the screen, and complete the online form for that class.
- No early registrations are accepted.
Phone and online registration will be ongoing until classes are full.
Anyone age 16 or older may register regardless of residency. No proof of residency required. For a small printing fee, optional handouts are available to accompany each class.
Students with disabilities are welcome to enroll and are asked to bring a volunteer assistant. Otherwise, please contact Kathy Handy ahead of time and if a volunteer is available, the library will match you with one. Ask Kathy Handy for details.